Calendar of Events (March 2009):
March 1-8 Fabric Artist Karl Murchalton
- Internationally renowned fabric artist and tapestry weaver Karl Murchalton exhibits his "symphony of thread" in Pioneer Hall.
- Wine and cheese opening (by invitation only) will follow the tapestry's unveiling on March 1.
- Born in Pawnee, Murchalton was raised in Bloomington, Michigan. He began weaving in eighth grade and quickly became one of the mid-west's top youth weavers.
March 6 Settler's Mall Free Parking for Seniors Event
- Free parking for senior citizens in the Settler's Mall parking lot
- One spot per senior
- Generously provided by Gentle Sundowns Hospices, Inc.
March 8 SUPERBOWL SUNDAY-FUNDAY
- Will it be the Cards or the Steelers?
- Hot dogs, hamburgers, fun and games for the kids
- Join the party at Hastings Field!
- This event was rescheduled from Feb. 1
March 17 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Find the pot of gold at the end of 7th st. and join the best St. Patty's Day parade in Pawnee!
- $1 pints at O'Hare's, O'Malley's, Paddy's, Gallic Pub, Wancheng Li's House of Peking Duck
- Live performance by Squeeze cover band "Fruits of Another"
March 20 Semi-annual Equinox Party (5:30 - 7 pm)
- Held twice a year, in Old Schoolhouse Square, the Equinox Party draws visitors from all parts of Pawnee.
- Celebrate 12 hours of light AND 12 hours of dark.
- Snacks, prizes, and Pizzies™ pop!
- Try to balance an egg on its end!
March 23 Library Lectures (8 pm)
- Central Library hosts Indiana University Associate Professor of Ethnomusicology Madeleine Glands for a stimulating discussion of percussion in early hominid communities
- Introductory lecture by Pawnee historian and accomplished thereminist Martin Yrgl
- Plenty of good seats still available
March 31 Inez Bird Meet and Greet (1 pm - 10 pm)
- At 94, Pawnee's own Inez Bird is Larry Bird's third cousin, as well as his oldest living relative
- Inez has agreed to gently shake hands and sign the first 300 Larry Bird photographs presented to her
- The line begins forming at 9:30 am at Dickerson Field House
- One admission per person!
- Limited to Pawnee residents!