It's summer time, and you know what that means: listening to the Carly Rae Jepsen song and pretending everything around you is a live music video! But before you put on your headphones and head outside, we at the Parks Department have just a few important reminders for you.
• The man advertising "Free Animal Show" at Circle Park is not licensed. He's just a guy with a snake and two possums. If you see him, DO NOT approach, and alert authorities immediately.
• Please do not loiter outside the pool at the community center; due to an architectural error, the surrounding glass creates intense solar rays that are unsafe for human skin and plastic belongings.
• Several parents have reported being scared after seeing groups of youths engaged in "strange activity" on the large open fields in Ramsett Park. This is just "soccer." Yes, it's a "foreign" game, but I promise it is completely harmless.
• Until the dispute between the birds and raccoons is settled, the old playground at Tucker Park is closed indefinitely.
• It's hot out there, so stay hydrated! Just not from the water fountains. They're still not okay to drink from. Long story.
That's all! Now go unfold your water slides and turn on your sprinklers, you're missing valuable summer seconds! AHH I LOVE SUMMER!
Deputy Director, Parks and Recreation